Maruti Stotra English Lyrics
Bhimroopi maharudra, Vajrahanuman maruti |
Vanari anjanisoota, ramdoota prabhanjana || 1 ||
Mahabali pranadata, sakala uthavi bale |
Saukhakari dukhahari, dhoort vaishnav gayka || 2 ||
Dinanatha hareeroopa, sundara jagadantara |
Patal devatahanta, bhavyasindurlepana || 3 ||
Lokanatha Jagannatha, prananatha puratana |
Punyavanta punyashila, pavna paritoshka || 4 ||
Dhwange uchali baho, aaveshe lotala pudhen |
Kalagnee, kalrudragnee, dekhta kampati bhaye || 5 ||
Brahmande maieli neon, aamvale dantpamgati |
Netragnee chaleelya jwala, bhrukuti tatheelya bale || 6 ||
Puchchha te murdile matha, keeriti kundale bari |
Suvarna katee kasoti, ghanta kimkini nagara || 7 ||
Thakare parvata aiesa, netka sadpatalu |
Chaplang pahta mothe, mahaveedyullatepari || 8 ||
Koteechya kotee uddane, zepave uttarekade |
Mandradri sareekha dronoo, krodhe utpateela bale || 9 ||
Aaneela maguti nela, Aala gela manogati |
Manasi takeele maage, gatisi tulna nase || 10 ||
Anupasonee brahmanda aevadha hot jatse |
Tayasi tulna kothe, meru mandar dhakute || 11 ||
Brahmandabhovate vedhe, vajrapuchchhe karu shake |
Tayasi tulna kaichi, brahmandi pahata nase || 12 ||
Aarakta dekheele dola, graseele suryamandala |
Vadhata vadhata vadhe, bhedeele shunyamandala || 13 ||
Dhandhanya pashuvrudhdhee, putrapautra samgrahi |
Pavti roopveedyadee, stotrapathe karooneeya || 14 ||
Bhootpreta samandhadee, rogvyadhee samasthi |
Nasti tutati cheenta, aanande bhimdarshane || 15 ||
He dhara pandhara shloki, labhali shobhali bari |
Dradh deho neesandeho, sankhya chandrakala gunen || 16 ||
Ramdasi agraganyu, kapeekulasee mandanoo |
Ramroopi antaratma, darshane dosh nasati || 17 ||
|| Sri Marutistotram Sampoornam ||
Maruti Stotra and its meaning in English:
- The Maruti Stotra is a devotional hymn dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- It was composed in Sanskrit by Samarth Ramdas, a 17th century Hindu saint and devotee of Lord Rama.
- ‘Maruti’ is another name for Lord Hanuman.
- The hymn consists of 21 verses that praise the virtues, powers and heroic deeds of Hanuman during the Ramayana period.
- The verses glorify Hanuman’s strength, courage, wisdom, knowledge of scriptures, ability to take on different forms, and selfless devotion to Lord Rama.
- It describes how Hanuman played a key role in helping Lord Rama defeat the demon king Ravana by finding Sita, burning down Lanka, and fighting the rakshasas.
- The hymn seeks Lord Hanuman’s blessings for protection against difficulties, enemies, sorrows and fears.
- It also requests strength, wisdom and devotion through service to the guru and Lord Rama.
- Chanting the Maruti Stotra is believed to help one gain courage, strength and knowledge of Brahman or the Supreme Self.
So in summary, the Maruti Stotra eulogizes Hanuman’s divine powers and conveys the benefits attained by devotees chanting this Sanskrit devotional hymn with devotion and faith.