The Hanuman Beej Mantra in Hindi with its English transliteration is as follows:
हनुमान बीज मंत्र: ॐ ऐं भ्रीम हनुमते, श्री राम दूताय नम:
Transliteration: Om Aim Bhreem Hanumate, Shri Rama Dootaya Namaha
Now, let’s explain the Hanuman Beej Mantra in detail:
- ॐ (Om): Om is a sacred and universal sound, often referred to as the primordial sound of creation. It represents the essence of the ultimate reality and is chanted at the beginning of many mantras to invoke divine energies.
- ऐं (Aim): “Aim” is a beej (seed) mantra associated with Goddess Saraswati, the Hindu deity of knowledge, wisdom, and learning. Chanting “Aim” is believed to enhance one’s intellect and understanding.
- भ्रीम (Bhreem): “Bhreem” is another beej mantra, associated with Goddess Maha Kali, representing the divine feminine energy. It is believed to invoke the power of transformation and protection.
- हनुमते (Hanumate): This part of the mantra is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. It addresses him as “Hanumate,” acknowledging him as the revered devotee of Lord Rama and a symbol of strength, devotion, and loyalty.
- श्री राम दूताय नमः (Shri Rama Dootaya Namaha): This means “I bow to Lord Hanuman, the messenger of Lord Rama.” It recognizes Lord Hanuman’s role as the devoted messenger of Lord Rama and expresses reverence towards him.
The Hanuman Beej Mantra is considered to be a potent and powerful chant, and regular recitation with devotion is believed to bring various benefits:
- Seeking Lord Hanuman’s Blessings: By reciting this mantra, devotees seek the blessings of Lord Hanuman for protection, strength, and courage in their lives.
- Overcoming Obstacles: Lord Hanuman is regarded as the remover of obstacles. Chanting this mantra is believed to help overcome difficulties and challenges in life.
- Enhancing Knowledge and Wisdom: The inclusion of the beej mantra “Aim” is thought to enhance one’s intellect and learning abilities.
- Devotion and Connection: The mantra reflects deep devotion and reverence towards Lord Hanuman, fostering a closer connection with him.
Devotees often chant the Hanuman Beej Mantra regularly, especially on Tuesdays and Saturdays, which are considered auspicious days for Hanuman worship. The regular practice of this mantra is believed to lead to spiritual growth and bring positive transformations in one’s life. It is essential to chant the mantra with sincerity, faith, and a pure heart to invoke the blessings of Lord Hanuman fully.